Verdict any day in against Obaidul Quader, six others

The International Crimes Tribunal-2 may deliver its verdict any day in the case against banned Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader and six others over crimes against humanity committed during the July Uprising in 2024.
The tribunal concluded the hearing of the case on Monday (August 17), with both the prosecution and defence completing their arguments. After the hearing ended, Justice Nazrul Islam Chowdhury, chairman of International Crimes Tribunal-2, announced that the case was now awaiting judgment.
The other accused are former state minister for information and Awami League Joint Secretary General AFM Bahauddin Nasim; Jubo League Chairman Sheikh Fazle Shams Porosh; its General Secretary Mynul Hossain Nikhil; Chhatra League President Saddam Hossain; and its General Secretary Wali Asif Inan.
The prosecution concluded its arguments on August 12, seeking the maximum punishment for all seven accused.
Chief Prosecutor Md Aminul Islam told the tribunal that the offences allegedly committed by all the accused were grave. He said four of the allegations brought against them had been proved.
According to the prosecution, the accused were responsible for the killing and injuring of a large number of people during the July Uprising in 2024.
The chief prosecutor urged the tribunal to impose the highest punishment on all seven accused for their alleged roles in the offences.


